• A wood-bleaching agent. Oxalic acid is used to lighten gray,
weathered wood. It is effective at lightening dark stains in
wood furniture as preparation for refinishing.
• Oxalic acid is a useful stain remover on stone, brick, wood,
vinyl and other surfaces.
• Purifying agent in the manufacture of pharmaceuticals.
• Grinding agent for polishing marble.
• Used as a cleaning agent for various equipment.
• It is used in wastewater treatment to remove calcium salts.
|• Vaporised oxalic acid, or a solution of oxalic acid in sugar
syrup, is used by beekeepers as a miticide against the
parasitic varroa mite.
• It is effective at removing rust from metal surfaces. It does
this by forming a stable water soluble salt with ferric iron. It
is particularly useful for plumbing pipes, kitchen
countertops, tubs and sinks.
• Used as a reducing agent in developing photographic film.